Taco Bell

First responders finishing clearing out the fire and smoke from the Taco Bell building located on Washington Street in Kaufman.

 

The new Taco Bell building caught flames during the morning of Nov. 2.

The cause of the fire is believed to be that the decorative lights on the door entryway had an electrical wiring shortage that caught the wood paneling on fire.

Kaufman Fire and Police Department were on scene along with Scurry Fire Department. 

Once the fire was put out, the firemen removed the two entryway decorative lights to check for any possible extension. They also cut a hole in the roof to check for any extension that could have traveled further through the building.

The building only suffered the fire damage to the front of the entryway. The lobby suffered minimal smoke damage and water damage.

The building is currently being fixed where it sustained damage.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.